Book Title: Let's Play Math: How Families Can Learn Math Together and Enjoy It
Publisher: Tabletop Academy Press
Author: Denise Gaskins
Related BooksYes, Your Kids CAN Learn Math Without Tears!
Denise Gaskins provides a treasure lode of helpful tips for all families, whether your children are homeschooling, unschooling, or attending a traditional classroom.
Even if you struggled with math in school, you can help your kids practice mental math skills, master the basic facts, and ask the kind of questions that encourage deeper thought.
- How to Understand Math: Introduce your children to the thrill of conquering a challenge. Build deep understanding by thinking, playing, and asking questions like a mathematician.
- Playful Problem Solving: Awaken your children's minds to the beauty and wonder of mathematics. Discover the social side of math, and learn games for players of all ages.
- Math with Living Books: See how mathematical ideas ebb and flow through the centuries with this brief tour through history. Can your kids solve puzzles from China, India, or Ancient Egypt?
- Let's Get Practical: Fit math into your family's daily life, help your children develop mental calculation skills, and find out what to try when your child struggles.
- Resources and References: With so many library books and Internet sites, you'll never run out of playful mathematical adventures.
All parents and teachers have one thing in common: we want our children to understand and be able to use math. Filled with stories and pictures, Let's Play Math
offers a wealth of practical, hands-on ideas for exploring concepts from preschool to high school.
Your children will gain a strong foundation when you approach math as a family game, playing with ideas.
Don't let your children suffer from the epidemic of math anxiety. Grab a copy of Let's Play Math,
and start enjoying math today.